September 23, 2009 by
In the last post, we highlighted few tips on family vacation planning. Here is one more to add if you are in the process of planning a family vacation.
It is important that you choose a family-friendly destination. As you are considering different vacation spots, keep in mind that different members of the family have different interests and needs. Try to find a place that have something for everyone, even if they are not 100% entertained around the clock.
If you have smaller children, there are great resorts that offer kids programs that will keep your children entertained for an hour or all day. Most ClubMed properties offer this service. Similarly, resorts that have activities geared towards older children or teenagers can be fun if your children fall into those age brackets. Traveling to a place with theme parks will spell enormous fun for the kids.
If traveling to Florida, you may want to consider condos in Destin FL so that the family members have some flexibility with kitchen facilities. Last but not least, does your family have a common interest? If you like hiking, skiing, or snorkeling, consider a destination where you can participate together in those activities.
September 23, 2009 by
If you have previously planned for a family vacation, you would agree with me that this is not an easy task. As we all may know, family vacations are a great way to bond with the family and accumulate many memorable experiences. To ensure that your family vacation is smooth and stress free, the secret lies in good planning.
1) Plan your family vacation early. This can be a fun and exciting process, as you talk about possible destinations, travel options, and activities when you arrive. You can visit travel websites and gather information or speak to your travel agents to get more information too. Planning in advance will give you a better opportunity to find better deals by doing some advanced booking.
2) Communicate regularly with your family members who are going for the trip. Stay calm and take it easy. Don’t turn this into a family fight or the vacation will be heading to a bad start. Find out the opinions and feedback of your family members so that you can avoid planning any activities that will invite argument.
3) Planning a family vacation should be something everyone can be involved in. Not only will that be more enjoyable for them, but they will be less apt to blame you if things go wrong on the vacation, since they are invited to be part of the planning process.
Sometimes family members can argue for the simplest of things in a vacation so you may want to establish a common understanding amongst all members. For instance, someone on diet pills may not be agreeable to a feasting vacation and someone who is not the outdoor sort may not be enthusiastic with a vacation that is too adventurous. It is always good to explore your travel options so that everyone can enjoy the vacation.
September 22, 2009 by
Including a vacation in your plans can be a challenge on a tight budget. For those of you who want to get in that family quality time, yet don’t have the finances for an extravagant vacation, here are some budget family vacation tips. Since the goal here is to get the most fun for your money, let’s talk about some frugal and low cost vacation ideas and tips that could be right for your family.
Don’t forget your best resources, friends and family. Ask around to see if anyone has visited an area you plan to go. You may get lucky and have a “friend that has a friend” who maybe has a vacation spot they wouldn’t mind renting to you for a lesser fee. Sometimes people won’t rent out their vacation spots for various reasons, but don’t mind doing so if the tenant is a trusted acquaintance of a friend or family member.
If you want to beach it, be sure to check out all your options for lodging. Sometimes a large family can do better by renting a condo or home for the week rather than staying at a hotel. Remember, you can save a tremendous amount of money if you can prepare your own meals while on vacation. By eating in, you don’t have to worry much about bringing your fat burners! A good portion of a families vacation budget can be literally “eaten up”! Even a little kitchenette in a suite can save you big bucks. If you’re campers, you can almost always find a campground near popular beach areas and get maximum savings on lodging.
September 22, 2009 by
For the last couple of weeks, I have been searching for best accommodation deals for Gold Coast apartments for my year end vacation. I haven’t been to Gold Coast for more than five years and I was told that much have developed in that area.
There are lots of luxury apartments in the Gold Coast so visitors can be spoilt for choices. If you travel during off peak periods, you can find cheap accommodation rates for most apartments. So do prepared to pay more during school holidays or national holidays. Many of the apartments have outdoor furniture for guests to relax and enjoy. You can expect outdoor pools and spas in some of more luxury properties. Gold Coast has been a popular family vacation destination and there is so much to do for travelers, old and young.
If you are planning for a Gold Coast vacation and would like to find the best accommodation deals, you can begin to compare hotels and book your accommodation online.
September 11, 2009 by
I know some people don’t bother much about luggage choices for their vacations other than securing cheap accommodation and airfare rates! Traveling can be stressful if your luggage is torn, damaged or broken during your trip! Due to that, you will need to spend some time shopping for luggage to get the best deal and find what really will be the best fit for you. You may want to look for some well made good or designer luggage so that you don’t have to worry about whether your new pieces will hold up through the wear and tear of travel.
Just like good truck accessories that come with a price, good luggage comes from many well known brands like Samsonite luggage, TravelPro luggage, Andiamo luggage, Boyt luggage, Delsey luggage, Eagle Creek luggage, French luggage do come with a certain price tag too. Thankfully, you can always find something within your budget!
You can find information about good luggage like the wide range of colors available, the materials the luggage is made from and the selection of wheeled luggage, monogramming and other designer luxuries. Leather luggage can really last, yet can sometimes get heavy for frequent travelers. Nylon wears quite well and is lightweight but may not be quite a durable and nice looking especially for the cost of a designer luggage set.
Of course, while a good luggage is usually more stabe and better looking, no one should shop for luggage strictly because of the brand. Take a close look at any luggage you are considering to be sure that it is the right size and style for you. If you are looking at a luggage set but don’t have a use for all of the different pieces of a set buy individual pieces that you feel like you will use.
Most designer luggage comes with locks and this is especially important if you will be staying in hotels or while you are at the airport and traveling and your luggage may not be secure at all times. These locks may not keep a determined thief from breaking into your luggage but they will discourage people who seize the opportunity when it is there.
September 10, 2009 by
Needless to say, all of us have preferences when it comes to travel and leisure. Even when it comes to selection hotels with cheap accommodation rates, our tastes will differe.
While some prefer to laze at the beach and do nothing, others prefer the hustle and bustle of city travel. Experiencing the local culture, enjoying local food and sights are some key points that every traveler looks for. Here are some of the most popular destinations today:
1. Thailand. Thailand is also known as Siam. It is an Asian country bounded by Burma, Laos, Cambodia, and Malaysia. Behind the back draft of Thailand’s jungles of bamboo, rubber trees and vines are the Five-star hotels of modern conveniences. In some parts of the country, elephants are still being use to lift timbers and buffalos are still being use in farming. If you are a fan of thai food, you will be spoilt with choices by affordable and authentic thai joints. Just don’t forget to bring along your colon cleanser cos it’s hard not to overeat!
2. China. China is now the second largest country and fastest growing economy in the world. Most parts of China are still unexplored by tourist; however, the eastern portion is now popular to western tourist. First class hotels now offer highest class of amenities and dozens are still being built/
3. Italy. Italy is a boot-like shape country bounded by Switzerland, Austria, France, and Slovenia. The main attraction of Italy is St. Peter’s Square where the Pope resides.
4. Caribbean. Caribbean is an archipelago of islands, 2000 square miles across. Most of the islands are plateaus and eruptions of underlying mountain systems. It has nice beaches of crushed coral and white or pink sand and the water at the shore is a deep blue. Be prepared to pay more for accommodation. This is one place you will find it a challenge to find cheap accommodation rates!
September 02, 2009 by
No matter what sort of cheap accommodation you settle for, it is important to get a good night’s sleep when you are traveling. Sometimes, you do get monkeys when you pay peanuts but if you search carefully, it doesn’t have to be like this.
Whenever I travel, I tend to make sure the hotel provides clean and neat rooms. They don’t have to be luxurious but cleanliness is crucial for me! Even when it comes to the mattresses, I get very uncomfortable if they aren’t clean or washed well. In some cheaper accommodations, the rooms can smell moldy and this is bad for those who suffer from allergies.
So if you aren’t sure if your cheap accommodation is living up to your expectations, try searching for reviews in the web. Reading reviews can avoid any unnecessary mistakes which can spoil your vacation fun. Start to compare hotels for cheap accommodation rates and after your choose your hotels, do a search for travelers’ reviews to double check your selections.